Sunday, August 1, 2010

"When are you going to have another baby?!"



I've decided to blog on this topic because it's a question that has been asked by many as of late. It doesn't matter where I go or what I am doing but it seems since Elijah has turned 1 this question is in high demand by complete strangers. So... this is what I should've said to the lady at my local bank- I was pregnant for 9 months ( I threw up at least 3 times a day for the first 4 1/2 months of it), had a surprise C-section after 18 1/2 hours of induced labor without pain medication, breast fed for a year+ and I am just now feeling like I am getting this parenting thing down maybe it's because Elijah has started to sleep at least 8 hours a night (coincidence? I think not!) and just when I am trying to feel physically some what "normal" again this question pops up.


I know- I am definitely not a spring chicken, I wish I had more time to decide on bringing another child into this world but I also know my age and I know we will need to make that decision soon since my window for fertile fresh eggs (this is what I call it as of late!) is running out. I would love to have another baby- I would also love a little more time to enjoy our beautiful sweet 15 month old baby boy! I would also like to drink alcohol, have a double shot of espresso daily, eat sushi, play contact sports (kidding) and have an option to indulge when I see fit for at least a year. On top of all of my selfish mommy wants- tee hee, I have been offered a job that I will need to take to support our family funds. It's only 2-3 days a week and let me tell you child care isn't cheap! It literally takes a village to raise a child but that village needs to get paid! So having another baby at this point would be financial suicide. I guess that's a bit dramatic but it's true.
So we are still not sure when the stork will be knocking on our door...anyone else have thoughts on this?

1 comment:

  1. gosh--i know this is an old post, but i'm just now reading your blog!! this question haunts all mamas of one, and for reals, you're still a spring chicken mama! i say, don't stress it--while pro-creating sounds great, so does having time to yourself to live this life the way you want to live it. and it means that elijah gets you all to himself...for a while longer anyway!

    ReplyDelete