Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mommy needs a cleaning fairy!


I haven't blogged in almost a month- yikes! I should be doing dishes, vacuuming and get the house clean while Elijah takes his daily nap but I felt like blogging instead... not surprising...Although I love a clean house- I just don't feel like cleaning these days. I so look up to my friends who have a professional clean team come to their house and keep everything sparkly fresh. Someday when the stars align perfectly and we have some extra money in our budget a cleaning fairy will be my first request! Actually a new car and a bigger living situation should probably be on the top of that list but as of this moment the cleaning fairy sounds a lot better to me.




So we have had some big changes in our household! I started my new job about a month ago (hence the no blogging.) I actually really like this new job. I get to work with a very good friend, the office is totally organized (which is a step up from my last place of employment) and I get free dental care which is needed for me and the family. I will have to say though, It HASN'T been easy leaving my sweet boy 3 days a week for 11 hour days :(. The first week I cried a few times...only in the car on my way to work or on my way home. I was strong and didn't show anyone else the tears but the flood gates did open up a time or two because I missed him so much. I don't know how other mommies go back to work so soon after giving birth. I guess you do what you have to do to provide for your family but geesh--it's sooo hard! The long 11 hour days have been a lot to get used to! The early mornings literally kicked my butt at first! I must say- coffee has been a blessing! We have been fortunate to have sweet grandma and auntie watch our little dude the last month- but they both start work and school next week! So this is a prelude to our next big adventure of the month... FINDING DAYCARE! Let me tell you the process was a bit intense. We checked out several different places and had 1 & 1/2 hour meetings with all of them. We finally met the perfect match and I know our little E will be in good hands!




Oh and of course life is a series of unexpected events...our jeep broke down week 2 of starting the new job. Just a $500 fix :(. It would've been more but thank god for Papa Crane. We we're hoping to go to California in October but that plan has been squashed by Mr. Jeep Cherokee himself :(. I will never understand why these small expensive disasters always happen at the worst possible times. Ha ha, I will try not to dwell but serisouly?!




Anyhoo, my cleaning fairy never showed while I blogged...ha ha...looks like I will be the one scrubbing dishes sinks and toilets on my mommy ship today!














No comments:

Post a Comment