Tuesday, January 10, 2012

15 years.


January, 10 1997 was the last time I spoke to my sweet Mom before she passed away. She was a healthy 53 yr old woman that went to bed on that windy winter evening and never woke up. I was barely 20 years old and had my whole world collapsed. I learned at a very young age that life is precious and don't take the ones you love for granted, my life would never be the same again. I had to rebuild and go through a series of life challenges,lessons and mistakes to grow into the person I am today. I didn't have my Mother there physically to tell me what to do...I had to figure it out on my own, with prayer and an intuitive heart guiding me along the way. I also have had many angels (friends and family members.) who have helped guide me . A Mother's love is so beautiful powerful and strong. My Mom wasn't perfect but she loved me and my sister's with every ounce of her being. Now that I am a Mother myself I realize how strong and deep that love is. You want to protect your child from life's painful lessons, but you can't. As my sweet boy grows I have to remind myself daily to let him live and make decisions for himself even at the tender sweet age of 2. For I have learned life is a daily series of decisions and if you don't feel confident to make them for yourself it can be pretty hard to live a authentic happy life. I am so thankful for this beautiful life I have been given.

So on this 15 year anniversary of my Mom's passing I wanted to give her a big hug and share my gratitude.

Thank you Mom. Thank you for loving me and teaching me to make decisions for myself even when it scared the hell out of you. Thank you for giving me the tools to live my life in a good way. I miss you so much but know you are watching us, guiding us, protecting us and smiling down upon us each and everyday. I miss you... I miss Grandma...Grandpa. But as the sun is starting to come out as I type this little message after a morning of fog. I can feel you all around me.

I love you.

Your Daughter "#4",

Cory

1 comment: